Re: Debian 2.0 release requirements

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998 bhmit1@mail.wm.edu wrote:

> Just a note that the testing group would like to have an idea of how to
> test the individual packages (before we were only seeing if it would
> install).  All we are asking for is a checklist (and a script if you
> want), which in the most general sense says: "this program should do this,
> that program should do that".  Please send them to my email, with the
> subject "Checklist request" (so I can sort them out).  If you've missed
> the previous messages about this, just drop me a line and I'll give you
> the full details and an example.

If such scripts are written, I suggest they are run from debian/rules at
package build time. (some packages already do this (some perl modules for
example)) This way, testers will be able to focus their attention on
things that can NOT be done automatically...

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS                 vincent@{waw.com,pipo.com,debian.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:           Pipo:                    WAW:               -