Re: Custom library for emacs 19.34 ?

Gregor Hoffleit <flight@thefly.mathi.uni-heidelberg.de> writes:

> Isn't it a pity that there's no established way to package elisp for
> Debian in a way that supports all emacsens, as far as possible.

It's in the works.  We've recently had an initial discussion about the
problems involved in supporting all the emacsen simultaneously which
was enough to make me back off until I get an initial emacs20 package
out.

However, I'm about to propose an interim step which if agreed to by
the other emacsen maintaners will ease the transition to the "right"
solution once we figure out what that is.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>