Re^4: dhelp 0.2 - a online help system

Am 05.01.98 schrieb schwarz # monet.m.isar.de ...

Moin Christian!

CS> > think, we should use this help system in Debian 2.0. Some other
CS> > distributions already use such systems (for example SuSE).
CS> You should probably not refer to SUSE here. They are know for their quick
CS> and _dirty_ solutions ;-)

That's right, but a dirty solution is better than no solution. And dhelp
is no dirty solution :).

CS> Please don't get me wrong. I have nothing against packages supporting
CS> dhelp. However, dhelp is not our "official" system by now (nor is dwww) so
CS> we can't force everyone to use it by policy.

Right, but we could suggest the use of dhelp (and maybe dwww) in the
policy for Debian 2.0. And remember, you can register *not* only HTML
document at dhelp.

CS> I promise that we'll start discussing and implement the new doc-policy
CS> and all this when "hamm" is out of the door.

Fine, but please add dhelp support to your packages containing HTML/PS/PDF
documents. It takes you less than 5 minutes :).

cu, Marco

--
Uni: Budde@tu-harburg.d400.de      Fido: 2:240/5202.15
Mailbox: mbudde@hqsys.antar.com    http://www.tu-harburg.de/~semb2204/