Re: Debian and the millenium bug

Quoting Oliver Elphick (olly@lfix.co.uk):
> Why does glibc2 not use long long (64 bits) for dates, insead of long int
> (32 bits)?  Surely we ought to change this now along with all the other
> libc6 changes?

IIRC, POSIX stipulates that time_t has to be a standard arithmetic type
whereas long long is a non-standard extension. (Although I also seem to
recall some talk of ANSI standardizing long long, so that might not be
true anymore.)

--
Michael Stone, Sysadmin, ITRI     PGP: key 1024/76556F95 from mit keyserver,
mstone@itri.loyola.edu            finger, or email with "Subject: get pgp key"