Re: Deselect problems.

adavis@netpci.com writes:

> Everything having happened so suddenly, how can I find out what packages
> were merrily removed by dpkg, short of these occasional surprises that are
> now punctuating my life?  It would be more than courteous to remind the use
> what was removed after it's all happened; it would be better still if the
> removal was interactive.

This rings a bell. :-(

 I had much so trouble with 'dselect' when removing packages that i
stopped using it for such tasks and now exclusively use 'dpkg' at the
shell prompt for removal actions.  I think the level of interactivity
present with the install dialog has been missing far too long for the
uninstall routine to prevent the worst in case of 'dselect' going
berserk without apparent reason.
                                   Thank you, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de