Re: Missing libpthread0_7-1.deb?

On Fri, Jan 02, 1998 at 11:04:51PM -0700, Steve Mayer wrote:
> I have been trying to install the latest libc6 and libc6-dev packages (2.0.6-2
> I believe) and have to this point been unsuccessful.  The libc6 package
> depends on libpthreads0.7-1.  The latest version on ftp.debian.org (and on
> my machine) is 0.6-1.  Anybody have any ideas on where the package might be
> found?

Look at the control info for libc6 again.  libc6 CONFLICTS with
libpthread0 version less than 0.7-10!  This is so the, currently
non-existent, libpthread0 maintainer can update the package to not
conflict with libc6.  To install libc6, you must uninstall the current
libpthread0.

FYI, libc6 conflicts with libpthread0 because they both provide
libraries with an soname of libpthread.so.0.  The libpthread0 package
(for libc5) must be reworked to move its library to
/usr/lib/libc5-compat.

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road