Re: libc6 is missing "swab"

| On Saturday, 3 January 98, at 4:12:27 AM
| Adam wrote about "libc6 is missing "swab""
> When trying to compile nfsroot for libc6, I got a implicit declaration of
> swab(...).  I fixed it by copying the declaration out of unistd.h.  Then,
> during linking, I got an undefined reference to swap(...).  I ran objdump on
> libc.a, and found swap.o, but it only had a text section, and no code!  Strsep,
> right above it, had text and code associated with it.

> Needless to say, I did get nfsroot to compile.  I copied the function from
> libc5 into nrprobenet.cc, and it compiles and runs fine.  But why doesn't libc6
> contain this standard function?

Sorry.  These should all say "swab"

Why do keyboards get replaced?  Because people run Windows, and they can't hit Bill!

Adam Heath of Borg-Linux adam.heath@usa.net Join the H.323 effort.  Email
http://www.debian.org - Get Your Own Linux! h.323-request@cichlid.com with
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/3375265 - Page Me  the word subscribe in the body.