Re: debhelper design change - RFC (long)

*excellent explanation of what can happen snipped*

    Joey> I far prefer #3, I feel it's the cleanest way to go (it will
    Joey> simplify the man pages a lot), but its backwards
    Joey> compatability problems worry me. If people think #3 is too
    Joey> radical, I can easily fall back to #2, but it's not as
    Joey> clean. #1 doesn't appeal. Comments?

I agree, and would prefer #3 -- but is there anything but
dh_installdirs that needs to be changed if we do it that way?

--
Brought to you by the letters B and Q and the number 0.
"Mmm.. Soylent Green.." -- Homer Simpson