Re: need libc5 non-maintainer upgrade

On 1 Jan 1998 bruce@va.debian.org wrote:

> We need someone to do a non-maintainer upgrade of libc5-altdev, installing
> the patch in David Engel's mail. I'm busy with boot floppies. Can someone
> pretty please do this?

I have been talking with David about helping out here. I'll take a look at
his patches this weekend and see if I can get something out.

> Also, it looks to me as if libc6 depends on versions of kernel-headers
> and kernel-source that are _not_ in hamm at the moment.

This is truely bothersome. I'll see what I can come up with.

I will be relying on David's input until I get up the learning curve some,
but our preliminary discussions indicate we are at least thinking on the
same page. Do I need to let anyone else know what I'm doing? (the various
intermediate maintainers)

Waiting is,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "The Debian User's Guide"    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-