Help!!

I really don't know if this is the right place to go for help, but I
can't seem to find anyone who has had this experience before.  I'm
somewhat new to linux, and I'm installing debian linux 2.0 on a 486 Fast
Data computer.  I have made all the needed disks by rawriting (in DOS)
the files from the debian ftp site to floppy disks.  I have gotten
through all the setup until it's time to install operating system kernel
and modules.  When it says to insert the floppy disk and press return, I
do so, and it spews a message that says "this is not the rescue floppy,
please insert the rescue floppy into drive A, and press return."  I have
two floppy drives, one 3 1/2 and another 5 1/4.  I'm using the 3 1/2 as
the A drive.  I'm certain of this.  I have tried re-downloading and
re-rawriting the disk image files to new floppies four different times.
I don't know what else to do.  If you have any suggestions, I would
greatly appreciate them.  Thank you.

-Matt Johnston