ppp & ppp-pam

Hi,

It seems that the only file that needs to be changed between ppp with PAM, and
ppp without PAM is /usr/bin/pppd itself.

This being the case I thought I'd produce two packages, ppp & ppp-pam.

ppp will contain the current setup, compiled without PAM support, and ppp-pam
will contain just /usr/bin/pppd, and have preinst/postrm to handle diverting
ppp's pppd.

ppp will have:
 Recommends: ppp-pam

ppp-pam:
 Depends: ppp (=<same version>)

Does this sound reasonable ?

Is there an automatic way of setting the current version of a package into the
Depends (a la ${shlibs:Depends}) ?

Cheers, Phil.