Re: Questions about emacs20 file system layout.

"Larry 'Daffy' Daffner" <vizzie@mail.airmail.net> writes:

>   APH> BTW, are .elc files arch-dependant or arch-indep?  I've always
>   APH> wondered about this.
>
> .elc files are architecture independent. However, they are not
> emacs-independent. What happens is:

Thanks for the summary.  This will be helpful as I try to decide what
to do.  In a little while I need to have a discussion with the other
two emacs maintainers to see what they think (and are willing to try).
But first I want to make sure we have a clear idea of what the issues
and possibilities are.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>