Example library, please

Hi,

I'm trying to build packages for a library and running into a number
of problems.  I've build a package for a regular executable
by following the instructions in the Debian Packaging Manual.
However, I haven't found a step-by-step dicussion of how
to build a library.

I was hoping someone on this list could email me a uuencoded tar file
of a directory setup for a simple library.  I'm good with UNIX, but new
to Debian.  I don't need hand holding, just an example
to go by.

Thanks,
Mike