Changelog policy being ignored

Martin Mitchell <martin@debian.org>:
> It is clear that the actual maintainer, when preparing the new
> release, did not downloaded the non-maintainer release beforehand. The
> non-maintainer releases were made about 2 months before these current
> releases.
>
> While I don't consider these problems that warrant bug filing, I do
> think the changelog policy should be followed, so that a complete
> history of releases is maintained for each package.

I'm sorry, but it's you who's not following the policy.  Maintainers
are not required to download non-maintainer releases.  Instead,
according to the `Developers' Reference' s4.3:
 Maintainers other than the usual package maintainer should make as few
 changes to the package as possible, and they should always send a
 unified context diff (diff -u) detailing their changes to the bug
 tracking system properly flagged with the correct package so that the
 usual maintainer is kept aware of the situation.

Ian.