Re: libc6 2.0.6 coredumps portmap (was Re: Libc6 2.0.5c has a leak in inet_ntoa)

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, David Engel wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 10, 1997 at 12:12:21PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > more on this problem. portmap doesn't segfault on a freshly built
> > hamm system (i.e. one built with bo and upgraded to hamm immediately
> > a few days ago - which is acting as an NFS server, exporting a
> > mirror of debian to the local network).
>
> Interesting.

even more interesting is that some hamm machines i built a few weeks
ago also had the portmap segfault problem....whatever it is must have
changed in hamm recently.

> Rebuilding netbase and netstd with libc6-2.0.6-0.2 appears to
> fix it for me.  I've put non-maintainer releases of both at
> ftp://ftp.ods.com/pub/linux.

fixes it for me too, on all machines. thanks for the quick fix (you must
have a fast machine to recompile netbase & netstd so quickly :-)

craig