Re: Libc6 progress: 1997-12-06

On Sat, Dec 06, 1997 at 09:50:59PM +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
> There are now 143 packages in the list, with upgrades on the way for 6
> more.  Progress seems to have stalled on this front.  Perhaps the
> remaining packages are truly uninteresting :-)

It could be that, but also there are some
big ones here, and perhaps nobody wants to tackle
a big package they don't really know.

Old source format in particular is a lot of work.

> Heiko Schlittermann <heiko@lotte.sax.de>:
>   lshell-2.01-8(extra)

Just sent in a non-maintainer of this.

>   wml-1.3.1-1

Sounds big from the description.

>   dbf2mysql-1.10b-0

There is a -2 in contrib/misc as well. Both libc5.
This is a bug, perhaps against ftp.debian.org?

> Igor Grobman <igor@vaca.net>:
>   grmonitor-0.53-2

The package says Christoph Lameter is the maintainer.
Good luck to Igor, it looks like some work. I tried to compile it
just now.

> Martin Schulze <joey@debian.org>:
>   xarclock-1.0-3

Interesting program this. Just uploaded 1.0-3.1 (libc6).

> Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk>:
>   pacman-10-4

Compiled ok with libc6, but segfaults on execution.

> Fabien Ninoles <ninf01@gel.usherb.ca>:
>   vrweb-1.3-1

Rather huge. Another day perhaps..

> Chris Fearnley <cjf@netaxs.com>:
>   dome-4.60-1

Compiled fine but appears to segfault on execution.

> John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>:
>   whirlgif-2.01-2

Just uploaded -2.1.

hamish