Re: gated

[sorry for the empty mail I just posted, was fighting my keyboard ...]

  Craig> i think an installer package in contrib is the best solution.  the
  Craig> installer should:
  Craig>
  Craig> - download the gated sources (using wget or lwp-request or snarf or
  Craig> an ftp script)

  Sten>  Very bad idea. Some of us are behind a firewall that makes it
  Sten> difficult to use standard ftp tools. Invoking ftp from an installer
  Sten> script would only cause trouble.

wget works for me behind a firewall at work. All it needs are the http_proxy
and ftp_proxy environment variables pointing the correct proxy server.

--
edd@rosebud.ml.org                 According to the latest official figures,
http://rosebud.ml.org/~edd      43% of all statistics are totally worthless.