Re: Intent to package: umich-ldap / WNPP: Dermot Bradley probably not maintaining packages

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Joey Hess wrote:

> I hope you don't mind, but I released libc6 versions of libgd and mrtg
> yesterday. I was just going on what someone said that you seemed to have
> stopped maintain packages.

Obviously not straight from the horse's mouth :-)

> The new packages have my name on them as
> maintainer, and they use debhelper instead of debmake. You might just want
> to throw out my changes and start over, on the other hand, you may find my
> changes useful. In any case, I didn't mean to ursup your packages - I
> thought you were gone, and I expect you'll take them back over..

I'll have a look at them over the weekend. I do have some code somebody
else produced (i.e. a post-instalation configure routine) to incorporate
into mrtg. I hope you don't mind if I take the packages back.

Shouldn't there be a requirement for a maintainer to be emailed before
someone else takes over their package? (not bitching, just wondering)

I recently (as part of my Debian upgrade) installed debhelper...yet
another packaging tool to try to get up to speed on. Has anyone produced a
hello-debhelper package yet?

Dermot

--
Dermot Bradley