Re: bo-updates packages

> Building two different versions is not a problem, as I
> have hamm on a separate disk (so I can boot either bo or hamm).
> However, the version number needs to be distinct.
>
> So, any ideas? Be gentle, I'm only just beginning to understand the way
> dpkg-buildpackage et.al. work :-)

The received wisdom seems to be that you add ``bo<new-version>'' onto the end
of the existing bo version number

So assuming that the next hamm version going to be

  isdnutils_2.1.beta1-17.deb

the matching bo version should be called

  isdnutils_2.1.beta1-15bo17.deb

and the pair after that should be

  isdnutils_2.1.beta1-18.deb
  isdnutils_2.1.beta1-15bo18.deb

This way the bo versions are all guarentteed to be lower than the lowest hamm version.

Cheers, Phil.