Re: Future security problem (was Re: be careful with Replaces, please)

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

> Am I the only one seeing a bit of a problem here? (Or am I missing
> something I should know?) That is, PGP is non-US.  To be able to put PGP
> in the main distribution, the master FTP site has to be moved off the US.
> I don't have a problem with that, as I don't live in the US, but I
> understand this can be quite an annoyance for many people.

We can make it optional.  Or just make a version of pgp that always
succeeds and prints a warning that it really isn't pgp and that the
package has not been checked.  The idea is to allow those that can and
want to be more secure that ability.

Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 221-4847                      --Linus Torvalds