Re: ApacheSSL

Johnie Ingram <johnie@netgod.net> writes:

> "Andreas" == Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de> writes:
>
> Andreas>  On Jul 4, Christoph Martin wrote
>
> >> is someone (Johnie, you?) doing the ApacheSSL package for debian?
> >>
> >> I found some hints for it in Debian patches to apache-1.2.0 with
> >> Johnie´s address in the control.ssl file.
>
> Just some stuff I was doing to make sure my patches and the SSL
> patches did not conflict -- one of its Bugs.  I don't think I can
> actually upload such a package because I'm in the US.

I now patched your control files to work with apache-ssl. I mainly
changed directories from /etc/apache to /etc/apache-ssl etc., added
the creation of a selfsigned certificate and changed httpd.conf. There
are some difficulties with binaries which are in apache and apache-ssl
like htpasswd. Perhaps we should make a package apache-common.

I uploaded the pachage to the debian-non-US archive on
os.inf.tu-dresden.de. It is also availlable from
ftp://ftp.uni-mainz.de/pub/Linux/debian-local.

> Alas, I never did get SSL working properly, because I can't figure out
> how to certify myself properly -- it crashes Netscape.  It patches
> cleanly, though.  :-)

I had some problems with it to. But then I figured out that you have
to enter the ServerName in the CommonName field of the certificate.

Christoph