Re: /etc /usr/etc: solution?

On Sun, 6 Jul 1997, Lalo Martins wrote:

> > > Oh yes... /var/lib/dpkg would also be a problem ;-)
> >
> > Well, if we have the `see above` solution for workstation, then this
> > directory will only exist at the fileserver.  No problem.
>
> This is important. If this policy ever gets adopted, you have to note
> somewhere that/var/lib/dpkg _must_ be NFS-mounted.

IMO /var/lib/dpkg shoudn't exist at all on a workstation.  The
workstation, as I see it, will be installed only once, by untargzing
the filesystem.  Then, it will be upgraded only in special cases,
either manually or via rdist or similar package.

Vadik.

--
Vadim Vygonets * vadik@cs.huji.ac.il * vadik@debian.org * Unix admin
The fish doesn't think, because the fish knows...  everything.