Re: Easier Solution: Documentation Policy

SirDibos writes:
 > On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Chris Fearnley wrote:
 > > save disk space on end users machines.  I'm just agreeing with Yann
 > > that it is silly to have the i386, m68k, alpha, sparc, etc packages all
 > > duplicate the same architecture independent documentation files in all
 > > the .debs.  Modularity is good.
 >
 > Modularity is good, but that is taking it to rather extremes.  The extra
 > effort in terms of labor just isnt worth it.  The way I see it, it doesnt
 > save bandwidth consumption, but only a bit of space on the ftp server.

It WILL save some bandwidth consumption, when one wants to just
install docs for a program to see if it fits one's needs, before
eventually uploading and installing it. Or if one's just curious about
"what does it do ?".

I remind you (once again) that many people in Europe are *charged* for
local phone calls

--
Yann Dirson <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>
http://monge.univ-mlv.fr/~dirson