Re: licence problems: what to do with kdeapps and kvt

(I'm replying to debian-devel, though this mail was private. Hope you don't
mind, Joey.)

Martin Schulze:
> Could you encourge the authors to put it under the GPL?  I'll try,
> too.  I know the person who hosts ftp.kde.org, maybe he can help
> us, he's a Debian user.

The person who needs convincing is the person who wrote the original "xvt"
program that was modified into kvt and rxvt. So talking with the kde people
won't help (I've already informed them of the problem).

So I need to get in touch with a "John Bovey", of the University of Kent.
Unfortunatly, I lack an email address. I'll try to trace him, though..

Anyway, here's the copyright again - if I do get in touch with John Bovey,
can someone who's knowledable legally tell me the smallest change that will
make this copyright compatable with the GPL?

/*  Copyright 1992 John Bovey, University of Kent at Canterbury.
 *
 *  You can do what you like with this source code as long as
 *  you don't try to make money out of it and you include an
 *  unaltered copy of this message (including the copyright).
 *
 * This module has been heavily modifiedby R. Nation
 * (nation@rocket.sanders.lockheed.com).
 * No additional restrictions are applied
 *
 * As usual, the author accepts no responsibility for anything, nor does
 * he guarantee anything whatsoever.
 */

--
see shy jo