Re: Copyright question

--------
On Mon, Jun 23 1997 7:25 BST Marco Budde writes:
> Any comments?
(Please add next time a translated version too, not everyone
 reads natively german [I'd had a hard time to understand e.g.
 dutch or polish])

> Copyright
> =========
>
> Dieses Dokument ist Freeware im Sinne des Software-Lizenzrechts. Die Regeln
> im einzelnen:
(My translation is rough)

This document is freeware in the sense of software license law. The rules
are according to:

>  * Das Kopieren und Weitergeben des Dokuments ist erlaubt.
Copying and giving away of the document is allowed.

>  * Das Veroeffentlichen auf WWW-Servern, Online-Diensten oder Mailboxen ist
>    erlaubt.
Publishing on WWW-Servers, Online-services or mailboxes is allowed.

>  * Das Veroeffentlichen auf Datentraegern wie CD-ROMs ist erlaubt, auch
>    wenn diese Datentraeger kommerziell orientiert sind.
Publishing on CD-ROMs is allowed, even if the media is commercially oriented.

>  * Das Aendern des Dokuments ist nicht erlaubt. Das gilt sowohl fuer den
>    Inhalt als auch fuer das Dateiformat bzw. die Gestaltung. Auch das
>    Entfernen unliebsamer Passagen ist nicht erlaubt.
Changing is now allowed. This applies to the contents, the file format resp.
layout. The removing of disagreeable passages is not allowed.

>  * Das Dokument muss stets in der vorliegenden Form und vollstaendig kopiert,
>    weitergegeben oder anderweitig veroefftentlicht werden - das Kopieren,
>    Weitergeben oder Veroeffentlichen von Teilen des Dokuments ist nicht
>    erlaubt. Massgeblich hierfuer ist die  Download-Datei.
The document has always to be copied, given away or published in the given
state in full. Copying, giving away or publishing of parts of this document
is forbidden. Authorative is the file to download.

>  * Das Veroeffentlichen des Dokuments auf WWW-Servern oder Datentraegern im
>    Zusammenhang mit illegalem pornografischem Material oder nazistischem
>    Gedankengut ist unerwuenscht und wird bei Entdeckung juristisch verfolgt.
Publishing this document on WWW-servers or data media in the contents with
illegal pornographic material or Nazi-ideology is not desired and will be
juristically prosecuted on discovery.
(Not a problem for us, David)

> Wenn Sie dieses Dokument an einer neuen Stelle im WWW plazieren oder an
> anderer Stelle publizieren wollen, besorgen Sie sich das Dokument an einer
> der  Stellen zum Downloaden. Da das Dokument bereits an so vielen Adressen
> im WWW steht, uebernimmt der Autor hierfuer keine Betreuung.
If you intend to place/publish this document on a new place in the WWW, get
the
document at one of the places to download. Since the document is already on
so much places on the WWW, the author takes no responsability.

> Bei Veroeffentlichung auf CD-ROM oder vergleichbaren Datentraegern ist es
> eine feine Geste, dem Autor ein Belegexemplar zukommen zu lassen. Senden
> Sie dieses per Post an TeamOne, z.Hd. Stefan Muenz, Kistlerhofstr. 111,
> D-81379 Muenchen.
If you publish on CD-ROM or aequivalent media it would be nice to send an
complimentary exemplary to the author. Send it via mail to: ...

Conclusion: only the last paragraph is hairy.

David

PS: Has somebody found a good online dictionary? (A dictionary e.g.
    French/English, German/English, not only a word-list)