Re: posix time / 822-date problem

Guy Maor <maor@ece.utexas.edu> writes:

> Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de> writes:
>
> > thank you. i had timezones 2.03 installed (is that related to glibc ?).
> > removing it and re-installing timezone helped.
>
> Yes, but timezones should be using POSIX time by default, not right
> time!  Helmut, is it not?

Well it is. The problem is probably the backup of an old timezone
package that will generate a /usr/lib/zoneinfo/localtime file when
removed without purging.
This file is read by all libc5 programs before /etc/localtime.
removing it should make 822-date work again. I'll check for
this file in the next package and remove it, if present.

        Helmut

--
Helmut Geyer                                Helmut.Geyer@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
public PGP key available :           finger geyer@saturn.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de