RE: problem with /proc info

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Michael Meskes wrote:

> How can I have more shared memory than total memory + swap?

I think it refers to the total number of pages that are shared in all
address spaces. Ie if I load Bash twice then it's code pages will be
counted twice.

I guess this is counter intuitive, ie you might expect shared to be the
number of pages that have been used more than once. But instead it is more
of an indication of how much space you are saving from shared pages.

Jason