Re: Some ideas about the text db

Hi Tom,

> Basically, we first have a "/default" directory, which every package
> imports its default settings into.
>
> User configuration is put under "/config", which means that the system
> will first look under /config, then /default when a variable is requested.

I don't see the advantage of this scheme. Please explain why it is
favorable to have 2 configuration trees.

If you wan't to have 2 trees, a better and easier approach is to have
(standard Unix-way) a $HOME/.config/... and a /etc/config/... tree.

But the question is, whether you want to use the configuration database
for all and everything (-> each user wants his/her own copy)
or just for system-related entries (one global /etc/config is enough).

David
--
David Frey                      |Linux --- the choice of a GNU generation!
51F35923114FC8647D05FF173C61EFDE|GE C++ UL+++ P- W-- !w--- PGP++ t@++ R D---