Re: Debian's "Modify & Redistribute" Policy (was: the ncurses "brushfire")

> Well, it's fine for the author to _require_ that modifications in the
> program be returned to the author. It's just not acceptable for the
> author to not allow modifications to be distributed.

I don't think we should accept licenses that require modifications to be
returned
to the author, or require assigning the copyright for modifications to the
license
holder.

That's my (strong) opinion.  There needs to be more debate.

Cheers,

 - Jim