Re: the ncurses "brushfire" -- anybody want to take over the project?

Jim Pick:
> dselect (our package selection tool) will have to be rewritten to use
> some other library.  This will probably take some time, though.  I'm
> not sure how we will resolve having the core of our packaging system
> dependent on a "non-free" package.  Maybe we're going to have to
> strip dselect out of the dpkg package, and put it into a separate
> package to go into the "contrib" directory.  Ugly.

Perhaps it can be ported to use slang. Slang has some slcurses.h file that
is supposed to emulate cureses to some degree. This might make a good quick
fix while we're waiting on longer-term things like diety.

--
see shy jo