Re: cygwin.dll license (was Re: FreeQt ?)

On Jun 1, Jim Pick wrote
> Actually, I had a very similar polite argument with RMS via private e-mail
> (about linking Java libs with mixed GPL/LGPL/proprietary licenses).  He
> was pretty solid on the fact that run-time linking is the same as
> "compiled-in" linking.

Yep, once the run-time linking has occured you're not allowed to
redistribute the resulting image if you aren't willing to redistribute
the source under similar terms.

This isn't that big of an issue for most people.

[Note: what RMS is trying to argue against is the stunt
Steve Jobs & Co. pulled with Objective C.]

--
Raul