Re: dcfgtool and clones

On Jun 1, Kai Henningsen wrote:
> 2. We need a general system administration tool. Lots of other Unix and
>    Unix-like Systems already have those, with varying quality. This thing
>    should ideally be able to configure everything that is globally
>    configurable on a Debian system, probably via modules provided by the
>    packages, and be able to run in text mode, under X, and via the web.
>    And it should not change the format of the configuration info, so
>    people can avoid it alltogether, and can exchange configuration files
>    with other systems.

Can't we use something like our current menu system? The pdmenu package
could be a good starting point for a sysadmin tool.

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Tobias <tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de> <tobias@debian.org> <tobias@linux.de>
PGP ID EFAA400D, fingerprint = 06 89 EB 2E 01 7C B4 02  04 62 89 6C 2F DD F1 3C