Re: runlevels [was Re: Upcoming Debian Releases]

According to Yann Dirson:
> That just go fine, until you try to use 'halt' or 'reboot': as
> specified in the manpage (yes :), these only call shutdown when in
> runlevel 1-5. Quite strange IMHO. *BE CAREFUL* trying to reproduce it,
> it (probably among other unclean things) doesn't unmount cleanly
> filesystems.
>
> I don't know the reason why RLs 7-9 are handled just like 0 and 6. I
> think it should at least be possible to choose which behaviour they
> have in this case, if the current behaviour is meaningful (IMHO, it is
> only meaningful for halt/reboot-like actions).
>
> Should this be considered as a bug ?

I'll fix it so that it test for (runlevel != 0 && runlevel != 6)
instead of (runlevel > 0 && runlevel < 6)

Mike.
--
| Miquel van Smoorenburg |  "I need more space" "Well, why not move to Texas" |
| miquels@cistron.nl     |  "No, on my account, stupid." "Stupid? Uh-oh.."    |