Re: GOAL: Consistent Keyboard Configuration

Hi,
>>"Christoph" == Christoph Lameter <clameter@miriam.fuller.edu> writes:

Christoph> Emacs is one application. We want to use an existing
Christoph> STANDARD not screw up one more. Emacs can be
Christoph> adapted. Please do use existing standards for keyboard
Christoph> layouts and character mapping!

	Sorry. In this context STANDARD is also what people percieve
 the standard to be, not what the bodies say (have we already
 forgotten what happened to the nice HTML 3.0?)

	To an extend, a standard unix is one which does not muck up
 ed, sed, vi, and Emacs, as well as /bin/sh. I think we should not
 arbitarily ignore defacto standards, or else it shall rebound on us.

	manoj
--
 Doubt isn't the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith. Paul
 Tillich, German theologian and historian