Re: Upcoming Debian Releases

Did anyone make sure that this is really a bug? In all my testing I did
not encounter this. The upgrade I did yesterday did not show anything.

Reputation: We are just confirming our bad reputation in not being able to
get things out of the door...

There are still nasty bugs in bo that will probably never be fixed (as
customary with prior releases...) and so I guess I will be (again) using
the "unstable" distribution to install as soon as fixes are available.
That is the irony and the continuing legacy of of the "stable" Debian
releases ... But that is the way things are and the way releases happen
even in the commercial world.

Some bugs (encountered yesterday on an upgrade Debian 1.2 to 1.3):

1. Timezone configuration does not accept "Pacific" timezone. Reported a
   long time ago.
2. netstd does not install on the same run with netbase. Fails on preinst.
3. dpkg-ftp does not download all packages. Needs second run.
4. A couple of installation scripts spit out errormessages during
   configurationn but continue just fine.

I think we better face the issue that there is no perfect software and
a release is always a compromise. Get this out.