Re: rm -r * and the default prompt

On Mon, 19 May 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> > So I say: PS1="[\\u] \\h:\\w\\$ " !!!!  =D
> Too long. But better than nothing.

 It isn't too long...!

[nick] newton:~/src/deb/lftp-0.11.1$
[nick] newton:~/src/deb/lftp-0.11.1$
[nick] newton:~/src/deb/lftp-0.11.1$ ls

 Or the other version:

nick@newton:~/src/deb/lftp-0.11.1$
nick@newton:~/src/deb/lftp-0.11.1$
nick@newton:~/src/deb/lftp-0.11.1$ _

 Note that the first is much more readable...!

 The worst prompt I've ever seen is the once included in RH... With only
the last component of the directory... =/
 Something like...

newton [debian] $ _

 (but.. what if you are in different debian directories (src packages) in
each vt?)

 Anyway, I know that all this discussion is useless because the prompt
will remain with

$ _

 =/

--