Re: Wishing to maintain package 'dpkg-ftp'

On May 13, Yann Dirson wrote

> It seems that this package hasn't evolved for quite a long time. As
> there are many bug-reports, and as I worked out fixes for some of
> them, I suppose its maintainer has no time for it, and I'm wishing to
> maintain it.

Have you tried to email the current maintainer directly first? I don't
think there'd be any objections to you doing a non-maintainer (bugfix)
release (as documented in the policy manual, methinks) if the current
maintainer doesn't pop up on debian-devel this week. But just taking over
his package like that (without getting his ok) would be, IMHO, a bit
rude. People do take vacations, etc.

  Christian