Please remove your /dev/cu* devices !

On May 12, Brian C. White wrote
> The following message is a list of items to be completed for the upcoming
> releases of Debian GNU/Linux.  If something is missing, incorrect, or you want
> to take responsibility for one or more items, please send email to:
> Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com>

> - Use ttyS* devices instead of cua* devices (???) [10]

To All Developers :

on most systems you will still have /dev/cu* devices (cui* (isdn), cua*
(serial), you should not have others, except if you have special serial
cards).

you don't need them. please remove these devices, so we will find
packages still using these devices and can change them to use the
corrensponded tty* device.

note : current makedev can create and remove cu* devices. but it will
not remove the cu* devices during an install script, because that may
breake existing setup. new bootdisks and base do not have cu* devices,
but you can create them with "/dev/MAKEDEV serial-cu|isdn-cu|...".

regards, andreas