Re: Proposal: New source format (was Re: [Fwd: Re: dpkg question])

Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman@calder.med.miami.edu> writes:

> As someone who is doing a lot of work on a port, This Is Bad.
> Especially since Mark Eichen keeps producing new builds of X.  I
> would be right pissed if I had to re-download X each time.

I'd just like to echo this sentiment.  I take the source home to
compile for m68k on floppy disk and if I had to take home a whole new
binutils|gdb|tetex|glibc|whatever every time there was a new Debian
revision, the number of m68k packages I'd compile would drop
dramatically.

(Especially when people do stuff like release a new Debian revision
where the only change is the maintainer's email address.)

--
James
++ http://thor.lib.chalmers.se/~jamest/ ++