Re: Make bug package required? (was Re: berolist.deb)

On May 11, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote

> [I reply to three posts at once. Also include the bug maintainer in the CC:.]
>
>   Raul> In other words, use a config file reader which is suid nobody?
>
> But bug(1) is a shell script, so AFAIK it won't run suid under the Linux.

That's trivial to fix:

main(){system("bug");}

However, what I was suggesting was an auxillary program designed just
to examine config files.  Maybe make a copy of cat and call it cat-nobody
(gotta be careful if it's been internationalized).  Make this program
suid, and use it exclusively to examine config files.

[Also, in real life, a shell script cover should make environment
reasonable and pass in arguments.]

--
Raul