Re: install to umsdos root?

adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com wrote:

> I think that it would be a good idea to allow users to install to a UMSDOS
> partition. I am sure there are a lot of people who would quite like to try
> out Linux, but are frightened of the install process.

This is exactly how I got started using Linux in the first place.  Somebody
had uploaded some .ZIP files to a BBS I used a lot (this was a long time ago).
I downloaded them, unzipped them, ran the magic .BAT file, and BANG,
I was running UNIX on my PC. After playing with Linux for a while, I
finally decided to get serious.  I bought another hard drive, and did
a real install. The umsdos route is a great way to get people started.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org