Re: name of expect package

David Engel <david@sw.ods.com> writes:
> Copied to debian-devel, I hope you don't mind.

  No problem.  I understand your problem, and I wish I could help you
  with it.  Putting the version number in the package name is pretty
  vile though.  I would imagine most people just want "expect" and
  expect it to be named thus and don't want to hassle dealing "new"
  instead of "updated" packages.

  One suggestion may be to have a "mainline" expect that is always
  named such to keep things simple for the common folk.  Any exotic
  versions can thus have a different name--people who want them
  probably won't mind having to deal with the changing of the version
  numbers.

Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com>
Say it with MIME.  Maintainer of comp.mail.mh and news.software.nn FAQs.