Re: ncurses4.0

On Fri, 2 May 1997, Christoph wrote:

> I think the lack of documentation makes ncurses unusable and a big pain.
> I'd prefer the old termcap over this curse any day. Termcap had
> comments at least from which you could guess what was going on.

hoooooold on a minute.  Have you bothered to check out the excellent
ncurses documentation that comes with the debian distribution?  I have.
Perhaps it wasnt what you were looking for, but I sure enjoyed it. It was
perfect for a newbie looking to get into curses programming, and lots of
detail too.  Doesnt curses use terminfo or termcap or some such?  So you
shouldnt need to worry about that anyway.  And there is always ansi mode.

SirDibos

http://linuxos.org/