Re: dpkg-buildpackage: pgp: Signature error

[ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]

joost witteveen:
> Anyone knows why pgp suddenly looks for the root signature file?

As far as I know, this is the way it has always worked. It is also
the way it should work -- you're running PGP as root, so of course
it looks in ~root/.pgp for the keyring. PGP does obey $HOME, for
what it's worth.

If it worked earlier, could you tell me with what versions of
PGP and dpkg-dev?

A better way is to use `dpkg-buildpackage -rsudo' instead. That
way, you only run as root when you need to, _and_ you don't have
to type your root password all the time.