Re: scp to master.debian.org broken?

Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

>However, whenever I try to scp something _to_ master, I get a core
>dump, although copying _from_ master seems to work fine.

This very probably is a bug in your ssh; things work for me.

Try "scp -v yourfile yourid@master.debian.org:" and post the
output to comp.security.ssh.  See also the section in the ssh
FAQ about reporting bugs :-)

http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~ig25/ssh-faq/

$ scp -v flame-anl thomas@master.debian.org:
Executing: host master.debian.org, user thomas, command scp -v -t .
SSH Version 1.2.17 [i586-unknown-linux], protocol version 1.5.
Standard version.  Does not use RSAREF.
Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
ssh_connect: getuid 11025 geteuid 0 anon 0
Connecting to master.debian.org [206.190.143.161] port 22.
Allocated local port 1021.
Connection established.
Remote protocol version 1.4, remote software version 1.2.14
Agent forwarding will be disabled because of protocol version mismatch
Old channel code will be emulated.
Waiting for server public key.
Received server public key (1152 bits) and host key (1024 bits).
Host 'master.debian.org' is known and matches the host key.
Initializing random; seed file /home/ig25/.ssh/random_seed
Encryption type: idea
Sent encrypted session key.
Received encrypted confirmation.
Trying rhosts authentication.
Trying rhosts or /etc/hosts.equiv with RSA host authentication.
Server refused our rhosts authentication or host key.
Connection to authentication agent opened.
Trying RSA authentication via agent with 'ig25@mvmap66.ciw.uni-karlsruhe.de'
Received RSA challenge from server.
Sending response to RSA challenge.
Remote: RSA authentication accepted.
RSA authentication accepted by server.
Warning: Denied agent forwarding because the other end has too old version.
Sending command: scp -v -t .
Entering interactive session.
Sending file modes: C0600 3607 flame-anl
Transferred: stdin 3629, stdout 3, stderr 0 bytes in 1.7 seconds
Bytes per second: stdin 2093.3, stdout 1.7, stderr 0.0
Exit status 0

--
Thomas Koenig, Thomas.Koenig@ciw.uni-karlsruhe.de, ig25@dkauni2.bitnet.
The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double