Re: "dselect" replacement team

"Brian C. White" <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:
> Eventually, I would like this tool to make the existing dpkg
> obsolete and basically take its place.  This is an eventuality.

Look, are you intending to replace dselect, dpkg, both or neither?

If you're replacing dselect, then fine, use C++, etc, but please refer
to 'diety' and 'libdiety', so there is no confusion.

If you're replacing dpkg, as you suggest above, then:

 1) Why do you keep calling this the '"dselect" replacement team"?

 2) You need to pay attention to issues of boostrapping the next
Debian platform, or else you'll be taking a step backwards no matter
how whiz-bang your interface is.

Or do you simply mean that you expect diety to be so much better than
dpkg that no one else will want to use it?

Mike.