Re: next release of debian...

On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Martin Schulze wrote:

> On Apr 13, Paul Wade wrote
> > On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Martin Schulze wrote:
> >
> > > At the moment official documents date it on April 28.  We'll see if
> > > this is reasonable.
> >
> > If we were psychic, I would schedule an extra large CD run.
>
> You're welcome to make a test installation and report bugs so
> we can fix them before the release.
>
> 	Regards,
>
> 	Joey

I have 2 machines running bo. One upgraded from 1.2.x by installing
packages. One installed from the "bad" 3/13/97 disks. Both required some
manual intervention.

I have a 540mb drive emptied for test purposes. I will be doing a "newbie"
install from the newer disks this week. I will do this several times in
order to test installing base from floppies, from nfs, and from CD. I will
cut a CD-R for this purpose. I see the changes to bo slowing down and hamm
starting to grow. I guess this means that a prototype 1.3 CD cut today
would be reasonably close to the official release. Agreed?

If this works perhaps I will have my wife do an installation. She has no
experience with rawrite or dselect at all, but she loves me and the Debian
distribution with all her heart. :-)

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +
+ http://www.wtop.com/                        What does W.T.O.P. mean? +