Re: "dselect" replacement team

> There is only one compelling reason to ever choose C, and this is if you
> do not know C++, or the people who are going to be using your code do not

Well, there are others.
	1) if you know C++ *too* well :-)
	2) if you want portable code (C is a standardized language;
C++ won't even *have* a standard for at least another 6 months, and
who knows how long it is before the vendors catch up)
	3) if you're writing a C++ compiler and/or tool chain (ie. the
bootstrapping problem.)

Only 1 and 2 apply here, of course.  And it is possible for
individuals (and *maybe* small groups) to write good C++ if it's
planned out in advance.  (I used to be enthusiastic about it too; that
was 7 years ago...)

> traditional C programers can realtively easially make use of a C++ class
> library without a very big learning curve.

As long as those programmers aren't doing the *design* you have a
chance.  C++ is subtle, can hurt you on large projects (ie. anything
with more than a basically straight inheritance graph...)