Re: "dselect" replacement team

>   4) To create a library of the dpkg code that can be used by others.

Yes.

>   6) C++ anyone? :>

Yes.

I suspect the old code will be used as a template from which to write
the next generation.

> Probably the most prominate reason is that someone (was it me or Brian? I
> forget) suggested that we should make an underlying class library to use
> with all the various UI's that people are dreaming up. To do this
> correctly would at least require retrofitting the old C code onto some
> kind of C++ thing. In my experiance that gives bad results.

I believe you suggested it, but I was thinking the same thing.

Clean, reusable interfaces count for a lot, especially in an environment
where so many people work on different pieces of the system.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

If you have a 50% chance of guessing right, you'll guess wrong 75% of the time.