initial boot setup (LILO/MBR)

I didn't find a design for making the system bootable that matches all
cases.

Currently LILO is installed into the root partition and MBR is
installed in the MBR. But MBR can only boot from the primary
partitions of the first disk.

LILO could be made to install into the MBR. But some people think this
is bad because they have other systems in the MBR.

We could let people choose, but this will add to newbie-confusion.

I thought about using the initrd mechanism, but I didn't manage to get
it work. Has anyone experience with this?

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de> ; WWW : http://www.sax.de/~sr1/